ZERO’s portfolio of solutions for fire protection applications are made of top-quality materials and backed by our engineering and code expertise.
Intumescent solutions for firestopping applications.
ZERO’s many years of leadership and innovations in developing fire and smoke seals for international and U.S. positive pressure code requirements have produced top-quality components and engineered gasketing systems that meet the highest standards of design and life safely. Our expertise in intumescent technology provides special value for the entire building team spanning a wide range of fire protection applications.
Features & Benefits
- Wide range of choices tested to positive pressure standards.
- Self-extinguishing, flame-retardant seals are formulated with a proprietary chemistry using silicone and intumescent
- Eliminate need for add-on seals to achieve positive-pressure ratings with our intumescent material is used in OEM Category A
- High quality solutions engineered for improved performance and shelf life.
ZERO intumescent solutions meet the highest standards in the industry for reliability and performance.
- Zero’s positive pressure seals are tested and listed according to U.S. listing agencies’ classifications for Category G edge sealing systems and Category H smoke and draft control systems.
– Category G edge seals are required for use on Category B wood core doors.
– Category H smoke seals are required for all positive pressure doors carrying “S” labels.
- Our intumescent material is used in OEM Category A doors to eliminate the need for add-on seals to achieve positive-pressure ratings, smoke seals may still be required.
See catalog for dimensions, drawings, available options and certifications for each part number.
- Surface Applied Intumescent Seals: Our extruded, surface-applied fire and smoke seals are engineered for improved performance and shelf life. These self-extinguishing, flame-retardant seals are formulated with a proprietary chemistry using silicone and intumescent.
- Head & Jamb Intumescent Seals: Intumescent fire seals for use where smoke and draft control is not required. Mortised into wood doors or frames, or into edge strips of wood or composite door leaf. Wide range of choices tested to positive pressure standards.
- Automatic Door Bottoms: Mortised and surface applied options available with intumescent material for fire protection applications.